Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday Dear MEEEEE .... Happy Birthday to Me!
Guys! Girls! Children! Pets! Guess who is the big 3-0 today? ME!
All things sparkly, shiny and/or sweet are welcome on my front porch today. I'll mail my addy to anyone who needs it. ;)
I can't believe I am entering a whole new decade! I was talking to a friend the other day and told her that it felt like I was in my 20's forever. I mean, SO much happened in that decade and when I look back and see everything that happened, evolved and came to being, I'm just overjoyed. My 20's were nothing short of incredible. And I am very excited to see what these years of ahead of me bring!
A lot of my friends freaked out over turning thirty. I really don't mind it at all. I've never really had a favorite age or minded the number because with each new year, and every inevitable change and I stop and say, "I can't imagine life any other way!" I mean, I can imagine my tummy being smaller and my thighs being less jiggly ... but, you get the point! :) I look back on the years with fond memories and sweet nostalgia, but I would never like to turn back time.
When I turned 29 I made it a goal to lose "30 by 30", and I made it within about 6 pounds of my goal. If we're being honest, I probably could have lost it all, but I've been enjoying far too many indulgences all summer. And it's been fun! But I'm so happy to have the 25 lbs gone. Adios, CHICAS! And, I'm ready to get the rest of it off after my birthday treats are settled happily in my tummy. Jiggle. Jiggle.
Alrighty. Since it's my birthday, I thought I would do a questionaire I found with 30 questions!
On your mark. Get set. Read random stuff about Whitney!
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Emperor Flavius Julius Constantius II. Oh, and Charlize Theron. :)
2. What has been your favorite age so far? Ha! I just said I didn't have a favorite age. Funny. :) Um, 17 was a lot of fun (my sr. year of HS). 22 was great because it was our first year of marriage and we had so much fun! But this past year was super special because it was my first year as a family of four.
3. Where did you meet your husband? In my home church. When I was 17. Why do you think that was my favorite age?!
4. How many children do you have? Two delightful little boys!
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Um. Yes. It is also, coincidentally, one of my most embarrassing moments. The story is here. Humiliation Incorporation.
6. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? If you have ever seen my Husby's eyes and smile in person, you'd know the answer to that question! :)
7. What really turns you off about a person? "Knowing it all."
8. What do you order at Starbucks? Trenta Black Iced Tea - Unsweet.
9. What is your biggest mistake? Eating french fries for lunch and an ice cream cone after supper almost every single day in my pregnancy with Levi. *_* HA!!
10. As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? A mommy. Then a pharmacist only working relief because I wanted to be an at-home mommy.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. Every time I fall asleep I have very vivid dreams that I remember when I wake up. Even if it's just a 15 minute nap on the couch.
12. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? I have a 4 year old and 1 year old ... yes.
13. Did you have braces? Did I ever! Luckily I had them in middle school though, so it was no biggie. My friend and I actually loved having them and even went with each other when we each got them put on. Then, both times, we went to TGIFridays to eat broccoli cheese soup since our teeth were so sore. Then we kept sticking our lips way out when we talked. We were so cool.
14. Favorite Social Network? Hmmm. Depends. Facebook or Instagram toss up. Although I do love me a good vine. But not many of my friends are on there.
15. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you? Husby's proposal. The story is here!
16. When do you know it's love? When everyone else seems exponentially creepy comparatively. I have a recurring dream that I am forced to choose between Husby and someone else (not people I know, just always some faceless no-name), and I always always ALWAYS choose Husby. Once, in the dream, I was forced to be with the other guy for whatever reason, and I was living in misery missing Husby like crazy. My heart hurt when I woke up!
17. Do you speak any other language? I know some German and some Spanish, but I'm not fluent in either.
18. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? WAIT! HOLD UP! Change my answer on #9! My biggest mistake was going to a tanning salon! My insides burned and itched for 3 days straight. HORRIFIC. Never again.
19. What magazines do you read? US, In Touch, Life & Style, People. Go ahead, judge away, my friends! :) Although, I guess I should read Marie Claire, since I'm in it so much. ;)
20. What is playing on your iPod right now? Is it weird that I don't keep music on an iPod or my iPhone? Like, not one song? I prefer the old school way of life: CD's. I'm behind the times, y'all. Anyway, Anthem by Hanson and The World from the Side of the Moon by Phillip Phillips. Can't get enough of either.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo? Yes, twice. 16th birthday and Junior prom.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? Yes.
23. Do you watch MTV? Let's see ... 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom. Yes!
24. What's something that really annoys you? Loud unnecessary noises that I'm not expecting. Yup, there's even a post about that!
25. Which TV show were you sad to say goodbye to? Seinfeld & Dawson's Creek.
26. Can you dance? I've got rhythm (who could ask for anything more?), but the only dancing I do is with the boys. They think I'm The Dancing Queen.
27. What's your favorite place in the world? Hmmm. Favorite place I've been? Paris.
28. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance to an ER? Yes. When I was 1 and had a seizure in a store.
29. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? I never like this question. Besides my Biblical heroes, which I'll meet one day, there's not really anyone I'm dying to meet. I mean, it'd be cool to meet anyone famous, but no one in particular. William and Kate would be fun ... but I'd probably grab my Route 44 iced tea and artfully try to stick my pinky out while chugging it or something and they would think I was rather boorish.
30. If you could change one thing in the world for your child, what would it be? That every person would know and believe that they have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and that they are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came through Jesus Christ.
Phew. That took forever. I feel like the older I get, the longer I talk. Time to go to sleep and wake up to a brand new decade!