* Do you own a deep fryer? Paula Deen has one custom built into her countertop. You have to be pretty serious about fried foods to have one of those bad boys. Then again, it's Paula Deen. She probably has her own butter churner, too.
* I think it's fun for kids to dress up on Halloween and find no harm in trick-or-treating, but my goodness, this year it has been a battle trying to keep "scary" things away from Levi. It really affects him, and I'm not even safe with cartoons like Dora! I'm beyond ready for Halloween to be over so these scary masks, cartoons, and even billboards will disappear. I despise the "scary" part of Halloween. And, so does Levi.
* We carved/painted pumpkins the other night. Want to see them?
Here's mine! :)
Husby's! (Levi requested Batman ... his face, not the symbol.)
Isn't that so good? He's a man of many talents, that Husby!
And I painted one for Ezra, because he's my Sugar Boogs and he needed a pumpkin, too!
And y'all thought I wasn't crafty. HA!!
* Did you read Highlights when you were a kid? Well, it used to be my favorite thing in life. I loved when I got mine in the mail. Levi has recently become OBSESSED with mail, and I subscribed him to the "young" Highlights. It's called High Five, for ages 2-6. He will be so happy when he gets his own special magazine in the mail.
* One of my favorite parts of Highlights was Goofus and Gallant. I wonder if they still have that. I never knew how to say Gallant though.
* Speaking of magazines, I've been wanting a new subscription. I used to get Real Simple and Rachael Ray. Now I get Southern Living and I buy People at the store. I love Reminisce, and need to subscribe to that. It's fantastic. I read it at Mom's house. Maybe Readers Digest? I like RD because it's a little bit of everything and chock full of great stories. I love good stories.
Anyway - what magazine(s) do you subscribe to?