For the past two weeks, Husby has been out of town for a rotation and Levi and I have been vagabonds. We stayed with my parents most of the time and when Husby was home on the weekends, he and I went on two different trips to residency programs and their second-look weekends. We are finally home and settling back into the routine of life, so maybe my blogging won't be so sporadic.
Since I missed out on so many blog posts, I thought I would just condense them and highlight the things that made me smile over the past couple of weeks.
* Being able to go back home and spend a good chunk of time with my parents. I refer to their house as my haven of refreshment.
* Levi had trouble sleeping the last few nights we were away and ended up in my bed in the middle of the night. Each morning he would wake up, crawl over to me, feel for my mouth and then plant the most precious kiss on my lips. Then he'd say, "Hi." What a delightful way to start my day!
* Since we were away from Husby/Daddy through the week, the weekend reunions were extra special! Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
* Going on two little getaways for Husby. And though they were not "just for fun", it was nice to spend some alone time together.
* Rejoicing with my sister-in-law (new nephew!) and a dear Life-Friend as they had their babies. My sweet "Life-Friend", as I refer to her (we've been friends since we were babies), lost her Dad in a car wreck when she was in High School. She had her first, precious little son last week on her Dad's birthday. What an incredible gift from God.
* The electric blanket my parents had on my bed. A-mazing.
* Time with friends.
* The first snow of the season! Levi ran around the house like a wild man screaming, "SNOW! SNOW!" He loved playing in it.
* Watching Levi follow his Glam*Ma & Grandpa around the house and not letting either of them out of his sight. He has got major fans in those two!
* My mom dancing to and singing Michael Jackson's Thriller and Billie Jean.
* Dropping pounds through Weight Watchers and doing it with many friends and my family. Counting points with Mom and Dad and coming up with creatively delicious meals through the week. We saved our points for a nightly treat while watching either our TLC favorites or Masterpiece Theatre.
* Hearing Levi sing the alphabet incessantly and doing it with such gusto! "A-B-C-D-C-B-C, A-B-C-D-C-D-PPPPP!"
* Rearranging my Living Room with new furniture and a totally different look and feel. I'm still surprised every time I walk in!
* Getting dressed up to go to the Petroleum Club with Husby for a semi-formal dinner with a residency program.
* Laughing. A lot.
* Driving around my old town for a couple hours with Mom while Levi napped in the backseat. The place remains the same.
* Looking through my old photos and scrapbooks (post on that coming soon)!
More things than listed made me smile over the past few weeks, but these special memories jump out in my mind. I love recording them because as quickly as life flies by and other things fill our minds, these moments could become easily forgotten.
I hope you all had several smile moments while I was away from the World Wide Web!