I am now in my 18th week and feeling great! It's hard to believe that I'm almost half way there. And if he comes early like Weebie did, then I AM half way there! Wowza!
Let me fill you in on what's been going on.
* At our appointment a couple of weeks ago (at 17 weeks), we confirmed that our little boy IS in fact, a little boy!! :) I had no doubts, though, because we found out at 13 weeks with Levi that he was (clearly) a boy, and this little one looked just the same. YIPPEE for BROTHERS! :)
* He looks like such a little angel!!!
* I had all the blood work done for the tri-whatsitcalled screening, and it all came back perfect. Praise God!
* I feel him move ALL the time. In every ultrasound we've had, she's like, "my goodness, this child is active"!, and I'm certainly feeling it. He's like a little boomerang in there flying off the walls and doing flips. It's amazing!
* He always measures about a week ahead of what he is (Husby and I produce massively tall children), and his head is big. Just like Levi's always was. This means delivery is going to kill me dead. Again. YAHOO!
* When I first got pregnant, I said that if it was a boy I would keep the nursery the same (because I just love it oh so much), and change it if it was a girl. Then Husby and I got to talking and we decided that we want this baby to have his "own room", and not feel like we're just putting him in Levi's old room. You know what I mean? (I don't want everything this baby has to be a hand-me-down from big brother.) So, we have decided upon a theme and we are going to change it up! It shouldn't be a huge deal since we already have all the furniture and stuff. And I think it's going to be adorable. (Oh, and several of you have asked if I am going to sell all of my Peter Rabbit stuff. I'm not going to. So much of it are great collectibles, so I am going to keep them just in case Levi's future wife would like to have it for their little babies. Look at me planning ahead!) (And if she hates it, well ... then she's crazy, and I'll create a Peter Rabbit nursery in my own house! Grandma style! Haha!)
* My #1 craving is still spaghetti. And then queso. And salad. And always hot dogs and turkey sandwiches, but of course, those are off limits. I will go CRAZY eating them after I pop him out.
* My pants buttons are getting tighter, so I think I will have to make "the switch" here in the next couple of weeks. I was already in maternity clothes at this point with Levi, but I was smaller then, so maybe that has something to do with it.
* I've gained 3 to 5 pounds, depending on the day. (HA!) (I keep going up and down between the same numbers.) I'm gaining much slower than with Levi, but again, I'm not as small as I was, so I keep thinking that's why. Well, that, and I'm not eating french fries every single day for lunch. ;)
* I'm totally going to be a BOY MOM!
* I tell Husby all the time that I'm going to be like Paula Dean - The Lady & Sons. :)
* I also tell him that I'm going to learn to do all kinds of boy things, like kayak, hike, ski, rock climb, camp, etc. He just laughs ... (hard), but I'm totally serious. I definitely won't lose my girliness (um, impossible), but I'm dead set on being a fun and active boy mom. As long as I have my hair done and makeup on. And cute sporty clothes.
* I absolutely can not wait to see what this child looks like and find out his personality. I'm so eager to know the details of this precious life!
All in all, I'm just soaking up these moments and looking forward to introducing this little love to his family. The three of us already love him more than words can describe!!