Hello there, friends! Life has been a little bit ca-razy over the past couple of weeks, so I'm just going to throw my jumbled up thoughts out there for y'all. Hopefully, it's at least a little coherent. :)
* I turned 28 on Sunday! Yay me! It was a very exciting birthday. My boys smothered me with love and we had several little celebrations. After all, birthday WEEK is the way we roll around here. Tee Hee.
* Mom had a Carnegie Cheesecake sent to me from NYC. It just so happens to be my very favorite dessert in the entire universe! Every time I open the fridge and see that little beauty, my life gets 10 X's better. It's extremely good with fresh summer peaches. Drool-worthy!
* Husby has a really tough shift this month where he has to be at the hospital at 4:30am. This means he gets up at 3:30am. This means he goes to bed at 9pm. This means that I have been sucked in to some ridiculous television shows that leave me brainless. I watched the Kardashians for the first time the other night and really, there are no words. Unreal. And then I watched a Real Housewives for the first time. Left me speechless, and confirmed to me why I don't watch these shows. Then I found the ridiculousness that is Dance Mom and could NOT look away. It's more of a train wreck than Toddlers & Tiaras. And I like it better. Although, it leaves me wanting to punch someone. Actually, all of those shows do.
* Pinterest has inspired me to be more organized. Remember that time I overhauled my pantry? You should see it now. I need to do it again, Sam. Along with basically every closet and drawer in the house. Is it just me or are drawers impossible to keep organized?
* Oklahoma has been named the hottest state in the month of July ever in history. We have had weeks straight of 100+ degree temps. And I don't just mean 101, 102. I'm talking 112-115. It HURTS. We've been praying for rain and had a downpour the past two days. It's been gorgeous!
* To beat the heat the other day, we went to the creek by where we grew up that is known for being COLD, no matter how hot it is outside. That day the temperature was 115, and the cool water was a refreshing 58 degrees. It was amazing. Weebie had so much fun!!
* The Help is out! I want to go! Now! I can't wait!!
* Levi called me "Mommy Bird" for the past couple of weeks and insisted I call him "Baby Bird". This week, he has alternated between calling me Mommy Bird and Mommy Lion. I'm wondering if he's trying to tell me something about my demeanor, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. ;) Anxious to see what I'll be next week.
* Husby got me an awesome new lens for my camera for my birthday and Weebie got me HANSON TICKETS! I'm thrilled about both. My best friend and I are going to be mmm-bopping our little hearts out next month.
* I need to learn how to use a curling iron, but I can't do it for the life of me. Anyone know any Curling Ironing For Dummies techniques?
* Levi still wants a sticker and a treat (m&m) every time he goes potty. Ha!! Will I still be rewarding him when he's 18? Probably.
* A new outlet mall opened a couple towns away from us. I gotta get there and I gotta get there fast.
* Tonight I smashed my finger in Levi's underwear drawer, thought Husby broke my wrist by tossing me the remote when I didn't know he was going to, and dropped the Wii Fitness board on top of my foot. And then I went outside and I swear almost got struck by lightening. Tonight was not my night.
* I never answer my door. Ever. Unless I am expecting someone. I am far too cautious. (paranoid).
* My Dad installed a peep-hole for me. That helps a lot. But I still never answer it because you never know when the Fed Ex guy is really a dressed-up psycho murderer.
* My favorite salad is The Cheesecake Factory's Cobb. Minus the egg and bleu cheese. It. Is. Amazing. I could eat it every day for the rest of my life, I do believe. Also, the Chicken B.T.M (balsamic, tomato and *fresh* mozzerella) from Cosi.
* A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a People Magazine at the check out of the grocery store and the clerk (a teenager), stopped what she was doing and studied it for a while.
Her: "Who is this?"
Me: "It's the Bachelorette."
Her: "Who's the Bachelorette?"
Me: "Ummm....she's the Bachelorette. From The Bachelorette."
Her: "Oh. Never heard of it."
Then she proceeded to stare at me for 5 minutes. Weirdest moment of my life.
* Okay, maybe not the weirdest, but one of.