Husby has been working a really tough shift this month that has left us not seeing much of each other at all. Just a couple of hours each night. We really miss each other! He had his first weekend off in three weeks this weekend, so we loaded up and headed out of town for a much needed little getaway. It was just what the doctor ordered.
Today, in honor of our fabulous time away, I will do a TOP TEN REASONS TO GET AWAY WITH YOUR HUSBY list. As if we even really need a reason at all! :)
1. To laugh. And laugh. And laugh some more. Husby and I found ourselves in numerous laughing fits this weekend, and it was oh so good for the soul. Even if we couldn't keep a straight face every time our anxiety riddled waiter came to our table.
2. To relax. There is something so freeing and fantastical about not setting an alarm (or waking up to a toddler alarm), and sleeping as long as you so choose. With an exhausted Husby from early and long hours all month and a first trimester preggo, we slept like absolute champs. And it was exhilarating!
3. To see movies. When you have a child, you're rarely able to frequent the theatre. So this is always a must on our times away together. And um, popcorn & milkduds. Need I say more?
4. To dine leisurely. It's enjoyable beyond measure to sit across from one another in a nice restaurant (or local dive), discuss whatever and whoever (mostly Weebie), nosh on yummy food and do it without any distraction or time restraints.
5. To listen. Getting away alone is the perfect time to listen to one another intently without one eye/ear always on the kiddo! :)
6. To reminisce. I don't know about you, but Husby and I always get to reminiscing when we have some alone time out. This weekend we pointed out some of the greatest days we have lived, and wouldn't you know - they were all days that we have lived out with each other.
7. To look forward. To pray about and excitedly talk about the days to come. The lives to be born. The memories waiting to be created.
8. To play "people who look like people". This is a game Husby and I have played for years and every single time we end up in tears from laughter. Best game ever.
9. To indulge. In things you want to do. Yummy food. Sleep. And the wonderful excess of time with one another.
10. And lastly, to truly appreciate and relish in the excellent life and family you have created back home ... together.
Husby and I have been together for 10 years (4 dating, 6 married), and I love that we are still each other's favorite people to be with. He is my soulmate and my precious gift from God. We had such a blessed time away nourishing our marriage and enhancing our awesome friendship. It was the most refreshing weekend we have each had in a long time, but we were more than eager to get back to our precious Weebie Boy!!
The weekend wouldn't have been as great without the dozens of pictures, precious phone calls and multi-text play by play of our little angel boy. We miss him so much when he's not with us, but we hadn't been away alone together in nearly a year, so it was high time. And I'm so glad we were given the chance.