When I had Levi, I couldn't help but look forward with wild anticipation to the days he would begin to talk. Not just say words, but actually converse with me. There is nothing sweeter to me than conversations with little ones because they never fail to bring many giggles and often side-splitting laughter. Their little minds are just so new and filled with all of the things they have learned and watching them try to understand life is so very amusing. They are absolutely fascinating!
Levi is at the best age right now. He asks me questions and tells me the things that are rolling through that little brain of his all day long. I am always writing something down that he said so that I can always hold these moments fresh in my memory. He's just so s.w.e.e.t and these days just pass to quickly.
Here are a few sweet moments from last week.
* We were all riding in the car and Husby asked me if I had remembered to do something, and channeling my inner Michelle Tanner, I said, "Aw, nuts! I forgot!" A couple of minutes later Levi screamed out from the backseat, "AW, PEANUTS! I forgot!"
* Husby walked out of the bedroom in his scrubs the other evening about to leave for work (the nightshift). Levi looked at Husby and said, "Mommy! Daddy looks like a doctor!"
* Levi and I were running some errands and were getting all kinds of smiles and kind remarks from fellow shoppers in the general store. "He's got the cutest smile", one person said. "What a sweet little boy, you've got there", anther one said. As I thanked the kind people and smiled proudly, Levi loudly proclaimed with all his might - "SCUSE ME, MOMMY! I TOOTED! I TOOTED, MOMMY! SCUSE ME!" My face turned a lovely shade of crimson and I scurried off to a corner and told him he was excused. (He will not stop announcing it until you acknowledge and excuse him.)
* Husby and Levi had lunch together while I ran some errands one day and when I got back I asked Levi what he had to eat. He said, "chicken and waffles". He didn't. He had a peanut butter & jelly. Another day I asked him what he had for lunch (that I had prepared for him earlier that day), and he told me "popcorn and milk-duds". I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!
* I said, "Weebie, do you know who my favorite baby in the whole wide world is?" He said, "yes, it's Jesus." HA!
* A couple of times a day, he puts a drum on his head and says, "I'm Super Weebie!" and then he gets an empty tub and puts it on my head and says, "and you're Super Mommy". So, we play Super Weebie and Super Mommy ... a lot.
* I said, "Levi, are you a monkey?" He said, "no, I'm a monkey's uncle." HAHA.
* Levi said, "Is Papapa at work?" I said, "no, papapa is in Israel." He said, "oh. In Israel?" I said, "yes, have you ever been to Israel?" He said, "Yes". I said, "what did you do there?" He said, "I played with TOYS."
* I asked him what he learned in Sunday School and he said, "I learned about Jesus." I said, "what did Jesus do?" He said, "read the Bible". I said, "what did He do in the Bible?" He said, "God's son."
Oh, my little angel makes me laugh so, so much. The joy he brings to my days is immeasurable!