I tweeted a picture of our supper the other night and several people requested the recipe. So to appease the masses (or ... um ... the 4), here you go!
1 Lb. Ground Beef
1 Onion - chopped
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
1 Can Rotel
1 Can Fiesta Corn
1 Can Cream Corn
1 Can Pinto Beans
1 Small Can Chopped Green Chiles
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 C. Milk
2 Tbs. Sugar
2 Boxes Jiffy Corn Bread
Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 400.
1. Brown ground beef and onions until translucent. Add taco seasoning and Rotel and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add beans, Fiesta corn, 1/2 can cream corn to the beef mixture. Take off heat, cover and set aside.
3. In medium size bowl, combine corn bread mix, milk, egg, green chiles, sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir until combined. If you need to add a little milk to make it easier to pour, feel free.
4. In a 9X13, spread a thin layer of corn bread mix and pop it in the oven until slightly crusty on top.
5. Pour the meat mixture over the corn bread, cover with cheese and pour the remaining corn bread mixture on top.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
Viola. Tamale Pie.
I couldn't believe how much Levi loved this meal. He ate an entire bowl and then a little bit more (and this is huge for my veggie/fruit only loving baby). We will definitely add it to our standards since it is an easy meal that we all enjoy! Oh, and it's just as good warmed up the next day. We ate it for supper two evenings in a row because it made so much! Delish.