* I think the whole "how are you" question is just hilarious in the context of asking it to strangers or acquaintances in passing. We ask it but we don't really expect any other response but, "fine, thanks". And when we do ask and get a response longer than two words we are taken by absolute surprise! Like, "good grief - stop talking - I gotta go", when I'm the one who ASKED!
* Why do we talk up complete strangers in public but dodge the people we actually know? I have stood and chatted with a complete stranger for 10 minutes on the baking aisle, only to round the corner and be like "Oh my word, it's my 5th grade teacher .... RUN!"
* It's funny running into people where you're not used to seeing them. Like they shouldn't be or have no life outside of where you know them from. It's like you don't know what to say.
"Oh my goodness, what are YOU doing here?!"
"Uh. Buying bread and milk."
Like we have any more authority of being there than they do. I can be here, but you? What are you doing here?
And then you don't know what to say to them outside of your typical conversation/whereabouts. It's super awkward!
* Growing up in a small town, everyone wants to graduate so they can get out of that "hick hillbilly" town. And then you grow up and are like, "I just want to raise my kids in a town like I was raised."
Grass is always greener?
* When it's late at night and there's nothing to do, you take a sudden interest in things that don't matter.
I once stayed up entirely too late researching the life and marriage of a MAGICIAN in BRANSON because I saw a billboard and his wife/assistant wasn't on it and she used to be. Had I thought about it in the middle of the day it would have passed through my mind and been forgotten. But when the sun goes down, my mind becomes overwhelmingly curious and takes over about things that have no meaning in my life and I become enthralled with pointless, trivial matters - researching it until I run out of material. Who. Cares. About. A. Branson. Magician. ?
Okay, so maybe these phenomenons only relate to me. Maybe I'm just THAT CRAZY. Oh well, at least you know now that if you see me in real life, RUN! ;)
(Totally joking! I LOVE chatting with blog readers that come up and say hi! I've run in to SO many of you this summer in random places and I just love that you come up and talk to me and the boys - and Husby if he's there too! So please, don't run if you see me. Come say hi and I'll ask you how you are and you can tell me the real life version. I promise I won't be twiddling my thumbs. I truly love it! And you! I love you! Who am I kidding? No one will ever come say hi again after this post!!)
Life phenomenons. Share some more!