I'm having a difficult time today formulating my thoughts into anything coherent (HELLO PREGNANCY BRAIN), so I am just going to throw my jumbled up thoughts out there into one discombobulated post. Here we go, kids.
* Levi was sick last week and at 4am I couldn't find any children's Tylenol and our thermometer was broken. He was so very hot, so I threw on a pair of ripped jeans and a hoodie and booked it to Wal-Mart. I was the only person there. Well, besides the employees who were riding around on the floor cleaner (and if I hadn't been in such a panicky rush, I would have asked if I could play. It looked fun!). I thought about how great it would be to shop at that hour, but seeing as my yawns never subsided, I pushed that idea far into the dark corners of my mind.
I bought a $40 thermometer and Husby wasn't exactly thrilled when I came home with it. $40. For a thermometer. He asked how much it was and I said, "thirty-shmine" and kind of trailed off hoping he would only hear the 30 part. I didn't fool him. He's on to me and my tricks. Anyway, the $40 thermometer worked like a dern charm and I am happy I bought it. I think. It was from my birthday money stash anyway (I had some in my pocket from the Hanson concert), so I don't see what the big deal was. Now, let me tell you we can't afford a $40 thermometer. Like .... at all. But I can with my birthday money because it's mine and I can do with it what I please. Right? RIGHT?? Okay, I spent too much. But it's top of the line and I'll never have to worry again. His fever was 104 and I was ultra-paranoid for the rest of the night. But I did sleep a tiny bit because of the peace of mind I had of the accuracy of my $40 thermometer. I mean, it was an impulse buy and the "Doctor Recommended" completely blinded me. And you know what? It was NOT doctor recommended by the doctor in my house.
* That wasn't a thought. That was a novel. My thoughts tend to wander.
* Speaking of novels, I can't find any good CLEAN books out there to save my life. Tried reading Water for Elephants and put it down after the second chapter. I was excited about reading One Day and my sister-in-law told me it wasn't very clean and I probably wouldn't like it. So. I need some recommendations for a good clean book, y'all. Help a sister out.
* Fake M&M's just don't do it for me. They have to have the classic imprinted M&M on there, guys, or I can't eat 'em. The fakes are not worthy. Neither or the fake Oreos. And don't get me started on fake Pop-Tarts. Oh, but you know what fake thing IS better? Dollar Store chocolate covered graham crackers. They blow Keebler out of the water!
* Did I really spend $40 on a thermometer?
* I hope I don't comments that say, "children in 3rd world countries never know their temperature ... how DARE you buy a top-of-the-line thermometer for YOUR child." I once got chewed out on here for declaring my love for king size beds! You just never know what's going to irk someone, do ya?
* Irk is a funny word. It reminds me of Dierks Bentley. Dierks really irks me! Just kidding. I don't know much about the guy.
* Have you decorated for fall? I have half way. I hope to finish the rest today, but I'm not going to do our table elaborately because we eat at it every day and it's too much of a hassle to move things around. Plus, there's this little boy at my house and he loves to explore. And sometimes his explorations involve a breakage every now and then. :)
* You should have SEEN the mountain of clothes I folded today. Your jaw would have dropped. Mine did. It was out of control. I hate getting behind on folding laundry because it only takes a few days for it to become completely unwieldy. Laundry just makes me crazy on a daily basis, though.
* If I could have one in-home service done for me every week, it would be laundry. Hands down without a question.
* Anyone want to call themselves a Merry Maid and come do my laundry? I will pay you in cookies because I'm too busy buying $40 thermometers to actually pay you in currency.
* Oh! Or I could pay you in M&M's! The real ones with the letters on them and everything!
* I can't seem to find a robe that I am in love with. They're either too long, too short, too hot, too cold, too sheer, too thick. Ugh. I need a plethora of robes so I can choose based on the day. What kind of robe do you have?
* Okay, time to go. I've got places to go and people to see. Not really. You know what I'm actually going to do when I get off of here? I'm going to go take my temperature. Over and over and over again.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!