1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. It's more work, but those beautiful wrapped packages just look perfect under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We've done both. The past three years we have had an artificial pre-lit. It's so easy and so pretty, but of course, it doesn't smell like heaven.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually after Thanksgiving. This year it went up before Thanksgiving but wasn't decorated until after.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever we get back home after all the festivities. Usually somewhere between the day after Christmas and New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Standing chalkboard. EZ Bake Oven.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Weebie. ;)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail Mail, Yo.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, initially I thought it was a can of soup. Until I realized that there were N'Sync concert tickets taped to the inside lid of the box! So I guess that doesn't count, but if I kept the soup, it would be the soup. But definitely not the tickets. ;)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Classic ... It's A Wonderful Life. Also, all the cheesy Hallmark ones. Love 'em!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December. (And I am so behind.)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot bread dip, cheese ball and all the fun finger foods during "It's a Wonderful Life Night".
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? White lights!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells. Love them equally.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel "home" to my folks & the in-laws.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, simply because of the song. ;)
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? None of the above. As I told a friend earlier this week, it's a Christmas Explosion atop my tree. (You'll see when I finally get around to posting pictures.)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve! Santa comes and leaves the "big present" on Christmas morning.
22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Hmmm, I don't know what classifies a song as a "children's song", but I guess I'll go with, Away in a Manger (is that a kid or adult one?). Or, I Want A Hippopotomus For Christmas. ;)
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Scrooges. And people throwing fits about "Merry Christmas". I don't care how many times you shove "Happy Holidays" down my throat, I will reply with a big and cheerful, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" It's the NAME of the HOLIDAY, people. Gracious sakes alive.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Old World - all colors!
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Ham
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't know how old I was but I remember it vividly. It wasn't a good day, let's just leave it at that.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot Caramel Apple Cider or Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate - both from S'Bux.
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Love the reds, greens and golds!
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Um, we have lights on the house. So... yes?
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gifts, although me and the SIL have a throw-down every year for the Dirty Santa gift cards. ;)
34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? How The Grinch Stole Christmas. (I think Charlie Brown is depressing.)